This event is run by Animeleague, one of the world’s largest anime communities, run by fans for fans, who shall also be running Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con on 20-21st August, Alcon in Leicester on 1-4th September and Birmingham Anime & Gaming Con on 1-2nd October 2016. Make sure to also check these events out.
If you’re interested in sponsoring or affiliating with us then please email email@example.com
While there will be signups on the day, we advise to signup beforehand to guarantee a place if you’re entering the Talent Show, Cosplay Masquerade or Cosplay Auction.
All other events you signup for on the day! Again read the link above for a comprehensive list!
With dozens of planned activities, the only problem you will experience is that there won’t be enough time to do everything you want to! A full event timetable will go up next year.
- Top Manga & Comic Artists – Our manga and comics room will feature some of the UK’s best artists in attendance where you can buy their artwork from.
- Art & Comic Portfolio Session – Hosted by comic and manga publisher and event sponsor Crownroot Publications who will not only give advice, but will pick the best artists to be recognised and published.
Other Stage and Workshops Highlights to check out include – A Manga and Comics Portfolio session, a general Comic Guests Q&A, tips on how to get your comic published and a DC v Marvel debate!
- The Cosplay Masquerade with a £100 first-prize; Show-off your cosplay on stage. We invite all cosplayers to enter our cosplay contest on the Sunday. There will also be a smaller Cosplay Masquerade with a £30 first prize on the Saturday.
- Cosplay Auction – This event is a great way to meet new people and the proceeds go to the convention’s charity. All volunteers go up for bid to the audience, the highest bidder of each Cosplayer winning the company of that Cosplayer for an agreed amount of time and getting the pleasure and opportunity of meeting new people and acquiring new friends.
- Cosplay Guests & Talks We will have some of the most renowned cosplayers in the UK guest-starring at this year’s event. They will provide talks and workshops throughout the day. Talks include A begineers guide, Cosplay on a budget, Cosplay Props & Worbla, Mental Health in Cosplay, Performing at cons, Steampunk and much more!
Cosplay Photography Area – There will be an area to have your photos taken – more information to come!
And even more exciting we have..
– A Manga & Comics Portfolio Workshop hosted by Crownroot who will not only give advice, but will pick the best artists to be recognised and published in their upcoming comic to be released!
Our tournament lineup will feature; Smash WiiU, Marvel v Capcom 3, Mario Kart 8, Call of Duty 4, Smash Melee/Brawl, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Pokemon DS and Halo Reach (please refer to timetable for the full times and lineup). All tournaments will feature a prize of a pair of weekend tickets to either the next Bristol Anime & Gaming Con in 2016. Full tournament lineup to come soon.
If that’s not enough, we will have the Retro Gaming Championship which will provide 3-4 of your favourite retro games (to be revealed) to show your old-school gaming skills in.
Coming to our events for the first time will also be the Multiplayer Gaming Party – two nights of awesome multiplayer gaming action going on till 10pm on the Saturday and 9pm on the Sunday where you can grab a drink and play awesome multiplayer games with your friends. From Mario Party to Mario Kart to Smash, we will have all your favourites!
- Talks (Non Cosplay); As well as cosplay talks mentioned above, there will also be wide range of talks on acting, RPGs and gaming, Comics and anime.
- Dub That Anime; The aim of this event for those who have never seen it before is to dub a 30 second clip of our choice live on stage. The funnier the better. In fact..think Abridging! This can be done as an individual or group.
- The Talent Show; Do you have a hidden talent, be it singing, dancing, stand-up performing or pretty much anything? Come enter the Talent Show, show it off and win a £30 cash prize and the opportunity to develop your act with us and star on stage at our future events!
- Big Geek Quiz; Various rounds on both anime and other more general subjects over five rounds. Get some friends together, make your own quiz team, and join in the fun. We guarantee a good time and much randomness!
- Many more events to be confirmed!
Of course, if partying is not your scene, there will be a range of alternate late-night events including Karaoke and casual gaming.
We have internet celebs, cosplayers, performers, singers and speakers lined up! We will be revealing this early next year, so make sure to check back.
Are you a band, panelist or performer and wish to be involved? We’re taking performer applications HERE.
You can expect a wide variety of dealers and artists to be present. Are you interested in becoming an exhibitor or artist yourself? Read below –
Exhibitor tables cost £95 per 6ft table for commercial dealers or £60 for artists (You can alternative go for £35 for a half table for artists – please note artists tables are not placed in the dealers room, but in the foyer near the lifts). If you wish to apply to become an exhibitor, then please ensure you:
1. Read the exhibitor FAQ located HERE first and foremost.
2. Complete the online Booking Form Here
3. We will then invoice you and give you details on how to pay. We can offer BACS, paypal, cheque and cash as payment methods.
4. If you have any questions or problems, please mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Times Are: 10:30am (for prepaid), 11am for on the door. Tickets are available on the door.
The Future Inns
Bond St S
(0845 094 5588)
Car-Parking – There is car-parking at the Cabot Circus shoppers Carpark located next to the hotel. Unfortunately the venue can not offer a discount on parking.
Train Travel – Click HERE to view Walking Directions from Station. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend that you search through the National Rail website 12 weeks prior to the event. This will help you find the cheapest advance ticket.
Coach/Bus Travel – Click HERE to View Walking Directions from the coach stage. This is served by numerous companies including National Express. These offer regular national and local services. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend you search through the nationalexpress and megabus websites 12 weeks prior
The Bristol Anime Con crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Why Crew? Well, you get free entry and one free-meal a day. And of course you get the satisifaction of having helped the convention out. We’re always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it’s something extra which you can add to your CV afterward. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event!
What Kind of Work is it? Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event. Each shift you are given is usually four hours long. At times crewing is far from easy, and it can be a lot of hard work but it is usually a very rewarding experience.
How many hours does a full-crew member do? Each full-crew member does 7 hours a day working. This entitles them to free entry in addition to free meal each day.
How many hours does a part-time crew member do? Some teams will allow for part-time crew. These are crew who work for only 1 day. Part-Time Crew will get a meal and free entry on the days which they are working.
What Teams are there? Video Gaming, Registrations, Operations, Stage or specialist (ask).
I’ve already paid my entry, can I get it back if I crew? Provided you do the shifts which are allocated to you, then you will receive the entry money back on the Sunday.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by –
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by inviting your friends to our facebook event HERE, and posting short updates along the lines of “Is anyone going to Bristol Anime Con this 5-6 November? You can grab discount tickets online at www.bristolanimecon.com”
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in this topic HERE, and you can download a full resolution copy to print out as posters HERE.
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Bristol Anime Con press-kit HERE which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to Bristol Anime Con on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you’re interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on email@example.com and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with Bristol Anime Con, will also be added as a partner on the animeleague website, a community of almost 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!
Main Press-Release to Put up on Websites – Download HERE.
Event Press-Kit (Flyers, artwork, PR)- Download HERE.. You can also download higher res event photos HERE (Please credit these photos to Rebecca Moriarty)
Exclusive Content such as interviews we can make available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you write for a large website or publication? Please email us at email@example.com to apply for a press pass.
1. Free Entry
2. VIP access to guests and performers on the day (subject to their availability)
3. Interview access to the organisers before and after the event
4. We want to engage and work with you! If you want to do something with us that might benefit us both then please have a chat. For example, we helped organise a massive Harlem Shake video at London Anime Con with QueensOfWin which you can view here.
1. Your website, publication or blog must have a substantial following or readership associated with it. If it doesn’t, we may still be able to provide you with a press-pass, but you would need to pay for it as if you were a standard attendee.
2. You agree to promote the event beforehand and afterward on your website and social media (ie: twitter, facebook etc, please state the dates and website link to the event in all promotion). Please download a copy of the press-kit here.
3. You agree to adhere to the terms and conditions of being a member of press at the event as laid out here.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your publication/blog/website and any requests.
- It’s always cheaper to book online! Tickets purchased online cost £9 per day day. You can buy tickets on the door for £10 per day (subject to availability – please note Saturday tickets are now sold out, but there will be plenty of Sunday tickets available on the door).
– Buying online is recommended as it guarantees you entry.
– All ages welcome, but 18+ only for the parties (these are included in the ticket). To get 18+ access you MUST bring a proof of ID.
– Ages 6 and under go free when accompanied by a paying adult. All other ages are the same price.
– Once you pay you’ll be emailed a ticket. Print this out or show this on your phone to us at the event to collect your wristband which will allow you to enter and re-enter.
Buy or Manage Tickets with a Forum Account
To register for Bristol Anime Con, it is recommended that you login first via your Animeleague forum account. You can use this account to post on the forums, keep track of your registrations, make payments at a later date, make edits and buy multiple tickets.
Lost Your Username or Password? Click here to retrieve it.
– If you have any questions or concerns then please email us on email@example.com thanks.
– Upon paying for your ticket, your name will be added to our guest-list, whereupon you may either bring a proof of ID or a printed copy of your paypal receipt to collect your wristband upon entry at the event.
– You can view the full FAQ on tickets HERE and view the T&Cs HERE